26 July 2022 at 5:24 pm #3713Terry HaleKeymaster@mizagorn::
I’ve determined that the site placeholder[dot]com that the industry has used for so long to generate placeholder images now seems to be not functioning properly. Their last Facebook and Twitter updates were in November of 2020. There are issues with Cloudflare, along with database connection errors.
I’ve found an alternative free source at Fake Images, Please?
Placeholder image code has been modified to use this source, and is reflected in the release of v2.8.1 beta.
Head over to the DiviCom Supporter Assets page to download this version. (Note! If that links takes you to the Become a DiviCom Supporter page, you’ll want to become a supporter so you can access the downloads page. Alternatively, you can message me with your proof of purchase from Fervent Solutions and I will get the beta version to you.)
You will need to first uninstall the version you are currently using from your site, as there is no automated plugin update functionality for this.
Also, with the new placeholder image service comes other options that we can add to EDI.
- Three different fonts to choose from to more closely match your target site: Bebas, Lobster and Museo. Additionally, the Noto font can be used if custom Asian text is desired.
- Ability to set foreground and background colors, including alpha, to support your site color scheme. Will always default to the standard gray.
- Ability to specify custom text. Will always default to the standard width x height text.
- Ability to specify font sizes, retina yes/no option, and Asian text support when using Noto as the font.
Let me have some feedback on the update (issues with new placeholder image service?) and if you’d like to see the above options available in the Theme Customizer!
27 July 2022 at 7:58 am #3730
2 August 2022 at 2:44 pm #3766
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.