A community, no matter what format (online or in an HOA), needs a basic set of guidelines or rules so that we all get along well.
Hey! Thanks for being here. It's really appreciated. This site aims to provide help to those who need it, and also recognize those that provide that help. It's a win-win situation, plus, you get awards for many activities. 🙂
- As a side note, we will update these guidelines based on insights gained from activity.
- Please let us know if you have any questions about, or suggestions for, the guidelines.
- Seeing this post means that you have actually read the guidelines and agree to be a helpful person.
The Divi Community (DiviCom) is a forum and social media site, available to help you solve problems with the Divi and Extra themes from Elegant Themes as well as other products provided by ET (such as the Bloom and Monarch plugins). We offer these forums for free for all users of Elegant Themes products, in the hopes that they can join us in improving the quality of the products and the community as a whole.
- Treat others like you want to be treated. Be kind, helpful and respectful. This tenet is thousands of years old and still applies today. This means that you will not include any sort of racism or discrimination in any form in your activities. The edict means that you will treat a new person as well as you would treat yourself.
- If you know the answer to someone else’s question, it is greatly appreciated that you offer assistance. This is by no means mandatory, though.
- Please keep NSFW (Not Suitable For Work) language, posts or GIFs (if you have that capability) at the bare minimum. (We're mostly adults, and it's funny sometimes, but show some respect!)
- All users are required to follow guidelines and moderator instructions. These guidelines are not all encompassing as that is next to impossible. Moderators will regularly make requests for users to change behavior that approaches a borderline violation, in order to steer them right.
- Guideline violations will result in penalties. This can range from loss of "points", to loss of privileges, to loss of access to the site, depending on the severity and/or frequency of the violations.
- "Adult" content - Content that is not suitable for a general audience or for viewing while at work just doesn't have a place in DiviCom. Think of others before you post any content you or anyone else might have a question about or be offended by.
- Do not bump posts - Bumping a post to “the top” does not help a topic get noticed. The volunteers who try to answer questions look for those without replies first. If someone bumps a post, then it disappears from the ‘No Replies’ view. We have a list of threads without replies. When a post is bumped, it becomes harder for it to be discovered and reduces the chances of getting appropriate help. Some forum helpers use that list to prioritise over other answered threads. Moderators will delete bumps they find. This is in order to help posts get back into the No Replies listing, where they are more likely to get an answer.
- Do Not Create Multiple Accounts (Sockpuppets) - Do not create multiple accounts, aka sockpuppets. Sockpuppetry is often used for nefarious reasons, and as such we ask that you simply don’t do it. If a sockpuppet account is identified, it will be banned immediately.